Once again there is a great deal to celebrate at the Meller Educational Trust following the Summer 2015 examination results.
The Academies and UTCs that are supported by the Trust have enjoyed significant improvements in both GCSE and AS/A2 results.
At Hertswood Academy the improvement of the GCSE results took the 5 A*-C (with Maths and English) measure to 61%, a 9 percentage point increase on last year! The rapid improvements continue at Marriotts. In English for the second year running they have record results with 76% of students making “expected progress” 42% making “better than expected progress” and 69% attaining a grade A-C; a 5% increase on last year. The Bushey Academy has had another strong year at GCSE, with students outperforming national averages in the new Progress 8 measure, as well as again exceeding expected levels of progress in both English and Maths at 76% and 75% respectively. This is a fantastic achievement!
Elstree UTC continues to build on its successes this year seeing some wonderful results at AS and A2 and a 100% BTEC pass rate. Hertswood Sixth Formers just keep getting better having achieved their highest ever results with 84% at A*-C. The Bushey Academy recorded a 98% pass rate at A2 and 100% pass rate in BTEC – with 100% of students achieving Distinction in Applied Science. 100% of students opting for university secured a place in a university of their choice – with 21% of Year 13 students securing a place at a Russell Group university.
Individual MET students’ results were stunningly good:
- Joseph Nunes (Hertswood) achieved a stunning 8 A*s and 4 As at GCSE
- Junior Kotomah (Marriotts) at GCSE gained 5 A*s, 1 A, 3 Bs, and a BTEC Distinction* and Merit
- Charis Leath (Bushey) achieved 3A*s, 5As, 2Bs, 2Cs and a Distinction*
- Lauren Andrews (Elstree UTC) gained 4 A levels at A*, A, A, B (A* in Film)
- Indigo Levy (Elstree UTC) gained 3 A levels at A, B, B (A for Creative Writing)
- Lana Al Nusair (Hertswood) achieved A*A*A*A* at A level – securing a place at UCL to study Biochemical Engineering
- At Marriotts, Head Girl Annabelle Bullock and Joseph Hayne achieved top grades in all four of their A-level or equivalent courses and have successfully gained places at the University of Hertfordshire studying Sports Studies and Accounting and Finance respectively.
- Luke Burke and Zainab Gardezi at The Bushey Academy achieved top grades in all of their subjects, while Martyna Wodziak reached A, B, B in her A levels. All three are now at University, with Luke and Martyna joining the 21% of Year 13 leavers now attending Russell Group Universities.
At most schools in the country, 70% of students reach their GCSE target grades.
David Meller said:
“I am delighted with the examination results achieved by the students at Academies and UTC which are part of the Meller Educational Trust family.
We have superb leaders, teachers and support staff who work so hard to ensure that all of our students are successful. I am also very proud of the students who are making the most of all that our schools, and the Trust, have to offer.
We continually strive for improvement and so we look forward to celebrating even greater success next year!”
For further information contact Richard Elms, Chief Executive
Tel: 07785 570 082